Being a new author can be daunting, but with the right tools, you can unleash your creativity and boost your confidence.
Here are some must-have resources to make your writing journey smoother.
For spell-checking, Grammarly offers a free and premium version with advanced features.
To structure your content, Scrivener is a popular paid tool that allows you to organize your ideas effortlessly.
And for a confidence boost, ProWritingAid offers comprehensive writing analysis and feedback. With these tools in your arsenal, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle your novel-writing journey.
For distraction-free writing, consider using the minimalist interface of Hemingway Editor, which helps you focus on your words without any distractions.
To enhance your productivity, Trello can be a great tool for organizing your writing tasks and setting deadlines.
For brainstorming and mind mapping, try out the user-friendly platform of MindMeister, which allows you to visually organize your ideas. Additionally, Evernote is a versatile note-taking app that enables you to capture and save your writing inspiration on-the-go.
By utilizing these top writing tools, you’ll have the necessary support to bring your creative vision to life.
SUmmary of the Top 10 helpful apps to help you on your writing journey:
- Grammarly: A powerful grammar and spelling checker that helps new authors catch mistakes and improve their writing skills.
- Scrivener: A comprehensive writing software that allows authors to organize their ideas, outline their projects, and write efficiently.
- Hemingway Editor: A tool that highlights complex sentences, passive voice, and common errors to help authors simplify their writing and improve readability.
- Thesaurus.com: An online resource that provides a wide range of synonyms and antonyms, helping authors find the perfect words to express their ideas.
- Evernote: A note-taking app that allows authors to capture and organize their thoughts, research, and inspirations in one place.
- Plot Factory: A platform that helps authors create and develop their storylines, characters, and plot twists, providing a structured approach to writing.
- ProWritingAid: An all-in-one writing tool that offers comprehensive grammar and style checking, along with suggestions to enhance clarity and coherence.
- OneLook Reverse Dictionary: A tool that helps authors find the right word by providing definitions based on descriptions or concepts.
- Canva: A graphic design tool with pre-made templates for book covers, social media graphics, and promotional materials, enabling authors to create visually appealing content.
- Trello: A project management tool that allows authors to create boards, lists, and cards to stay organized, track their progress, and collaborate with others in real-time